What should I pay attention to when processing glass fiber reinforced PA66 with halogen-free flame retardants?The processing temperature of glass fiber reinforced PA66 is relatively high, coupled with the glass fiber shear heat, and the halogen-free flame retardant is less thermally stable. Therefore, if the processing technology is slightly worse, it will easily lead to degradation of flame retardant and nylon. In the above situation, the processing considerations of some halogen-free flame-retardant glass fiber reinforced PA66 are summarized for your reference.
1. The processing temperature range is about 240-270 ℃, the plasticizing section can be higher (260-270 ℃), the plasticizing of nylon can be accelerated, and the mixing section and compression section can be slightly lower (240-250 ℃);
2. The screw speed should be appropriate, not too fast. If it is too fast, nylon will not be plasticized, and it will generate more shear heat.
3. Feed as much as possible on the premise of ensuring plasticization to improve the melt pressure and screw compactness;
4. Control the moisture of raw materials;
5. Maintain a high degree of vacuum;
6. Appropriate lubrication (such as TAF) and antioxidant (1098 + 168);
7. Select equipment with smaller head cavity to reduce the residence time of the material in the head cavity.